Finally, I’ve been busy working on some amazing things! Instead of my usual boring little homebody life, I’ve been jet setting around the globe for the last month. Let me update you on my whereabouts/happenings and you can tell me whether it justifies a little break from the internets.
- A month from my last post I was flying to Oregon for work. I got to hang out with my Rolly Colly gal pal Amanda and dine in some of Portland’s finest local eateries. It was a whirlwind trip with layovers in Phoenix and a pit stop in Washington state for a whopping 3 states/time zones in 3 days tour
- After returning home I basically moved things from one suitcase to the next and prepared for my girlfriend Valerie’s Bachelorette cruise. I was Bahama bound! Three days of liver toxification later I was back at work wishing I could do it all over again.
- My first weekend back home I was throwing my other girlfriend a baby shower! It was a busy weekend but everyone had a good time and left with a full bellies.
- Just as I was beginning to settle down after my last few weeks of go, go, go, I basically got my ass flown to Maryland to celebrate Schmidt’s 21 forever birthday and surprise bachelorette party! That’s right, not 1 but 2 amazing nights of partying! Did I mention the party bus? Did I mention the stripper pole in the party bus? Ah, yes, good times indeed.
- Oh and right about the time I get back to town and start dreaming about how it would be so nice to do absolutely nothing, my friends practically throw me an intervention party! Unlike a normal intervention, I have no addiction. Instead, this was more like a moti-vention as I basically received a motivational gang bang by all my closest friends. Resulting in….
- Booking my first paid boudoir shoot!! A fire was lit under my ass. A fire my boyfriend could only bear witness to and smirk. He knows that one man’s support was not enough to motivate me to get off my ass and do what I love but boy is he glad i’m doing it!
This all reminds me of the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and frankly the photography leap is just that, a leap. BUT, a leap made possible only by effort!! And that’s what this blog has always been about! Making an effort for the things and people you love. I’m no where near perfect but I’m not going to let imperfections, whether in myself, or in my situation, dictate what I can and cannot do. And the message I will carry in everything that I do: it takes effort. Everything does!! Relationships, a photo shoot, being kind, remaining calm and being true to yourself, all such varied things but none the less all require your life long attention and support.
Look for three chairs studio to come to an internet near your very shortly! Very excited! Thanks for sharing my journey with me!